How to Set Out Garbage
To ensure your garbage is picked up:
- Place your garbage in the can provided by Seattle Public Utilities.
- Set out your garbage can(s) by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
- If you don’t know when your collection day is, lookup your collection day online (single-family homes only).
- Place can(s) within 3 feet of the curb, unless you have backyard service.
- Put extra garbage in a plastic bag or your own garbage can (up to 32 gallons), and put it next to your regular garbage. The maximum weight for extra garbage is 60 pounds per unit.
- Keep recyclables out of your garbage can.
- Cans should be removed from the curb within 24 hours of collection.
Recycle at Your House
Food & Yard Waste at Your House
Reduce, Reuse & Exchange