- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
Solid Waste Advisory Committee
The Solid Waste Advisory Committee’s (SWAC) work includes:
- Addressing policy issues in waste management: recycling, food/yard waste collection contracts, transfer stations, and waste prevention
- Advising SPU of its findings and recommendations
- Communicating with other governmental agencies about solid waste issues
Read our 2017 SWAC Work Plan (pdf) to learn more.
This committee usually meets every 1st Wednesday of each month from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Please contact Sheryl Shapiro for the current meeting schedule. Members spend from 8 to 10 hours per month on committee work which includes: attending the monthly meeting, researching and commenting on specific issues or reports and participating in field trips.
To apply, please fill out the Community Advisory Committee application form (doc).
Resources and background information
Sample product stewardship letter for batteries (pdf)
Sample product stewardship letter for paint (pdf)
Secure medicine return letter – December, 2012 (pdf)
Council consideration letter – August 2012 (pdf)