- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
Wholesale Customer Survey
Each year, Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) asks its wholesale customers to provide information on their current and forecast water demand (both retail and wholesale), sources of supply (in addition to SPU), and their water rates. This information is requested to assist SPU in maintaining a database of coordinated information on all wholesale customers and to help improve water demand forecasting, estimates of savings from conservation programs, and other planning activities.
SPU has been collecting data in this form and providing an annual summary report since 1994. The annual report contains comparative information on water rates, bills and consumption patterns. Copies of current and past reports (back to 2005) can be downloaded through the links below. Data collected in the survey but not reported in the annual summary can also be provided upon request. Questions about this report or requests for data from the surveys should be directed to Bruce Flory at (206) 684-5859.
2018 Wholesale Customer Survey
Please complete the three forms below by Wednesday, February 28, 2018 for Seattle Public Utilities' annual planning information.
These forms should be completed electronically and returned via e-mail to Bruce Flory at email@example.com
To fill out the following forms:
- Click on the link to open the form.
- On the menu bar, click on FILE, then SAVE AS
- Choose a drive and folder, name the file and click on SAVE; note the name of the file!
- All forms are now in Excel. Just type in the appropriate cell.
- To put an “X” in a check box, just type “X” in the cell.
- Note that an example of how each form should be filled out has been provided for each form. Just click the “Sample” tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
- When you are finished, click on FILE on the menu bar, then SAVE.
- Create a new email and attach the forms, then send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any accompanying hard copy documents should be mailed to:
Seattle Public Utilities
Seattle Municipal Tower
700 5th Avenue, Suite 4900
P.O. Box 34018
Seattle, WA 98124-4018
The deadline for all forms is Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
FORM #1 (xlsx)
Please complete lines 1 through 3, 5 and 6 of this form for the year 2017. Totals and non-revenue water will be calculated automatically in lines 4, 7, 8 and 9.
If you wish, you may also provide your estimate of unmetered but authorized water consumption (such as main flushing, tank cleaning, and fire fighting) in line 10. The spreadsheet will then calculate your Distribution System Leakage (DSL) volume and percent which you can use in your Annual Water Use Efficiency Performance Report to the Washington State Department of Health. Providing information in line 10 is optional for this survey.
If you purchased water from someone other than SPU or sold water wholesale in 2017, please provide the required details in the second table of this form.
FORM #2 (xlsx)
Please enter your 2017 monthly water sales in ccf and the number of accounts billed each month by customer class. Note that we need both the total number of accounts per class and the number of accounts billed per month. The spreadsheet version of Form #2 automatically sums the columns for you while simplifying our data entry task. Please check to see that total annual retail sales as reported on Form 1 and Form 2 are consistent. Note: this is the third year there has been a separate column for private fire service consumption
FORM #3 (xlsx)
Rates and related information. Please provide:
- A copy of your most recent water rates ordinance or schedule. As an alternative, you may provide a link to your rate schedule posted on your website.
- Information on state and local excise taxes, as well as any other taxes, fees, or surcharges, and whether they are included in your rates or itemized separately on the utility bill. If not all your customers are subject to the same set of charges, please report the taxes, fees and surcharges that apply to the majority of your customers.
- Whether you have retail customers outside your city limits or jurisdictional boundaries and whether you charge them different rates.
- Customer billing frequencies for each customer class.
For your questions or more information
Please call Bruce Flory at (206) 684-5859 or email email@example.com.