- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
Residential water rates apply to dwellings with 1 or 2 units (single-family homes and duplexes). All other buildings are charged commercial water rates. Fire service is charged a different rate.
Solid waste rates
Garbage, recycling (a free service), and food and yard waste are required at all buildings.
- Commercial businesses generally don’t receive solid waste services from SPU and instead contract directly with Waste Management or Recology CleanScapes.
- Commercial entities that are served directly by SPU are charged these commercial rates.
- Multi-family dwellings with 5 or more units will be charged multi-family rates:
- Residential dwellings with 4 or less units will be charged residential rates:
All properties—residential and commercial—are subject to the same 2018 sewer rate of $13.46 per ccf of water used, November through April.
However, summer sewer charges are calculated differently for residential properties (single-family homes and duplexes). Learn more about residential sewer calculations.
Drainage fees are charged in your property tax statement. Residential and commercial fees vary by size and other characteristics of the property.
Please contact your account executive for additional information regarding your drainage fees.