- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
Equity Planning and Analysis
We address equity at the earliest stages of planning. This allows us to avoid unintended impacts on low-income communities of color by:
- Working with staff to study our systems, processes, and data to learn if inequities are occurring.
- Training teams to design policies, programs, and services that are equitable.
- Encouraging project teams to adopt Inclusive Outreach and Public Engagement (pdf) practices.
- Helping staff take corrective actions and track progress.
- Partnering with local, regional, and national agencies to support similar work.
To test for possible inequities from our decisions and business practices, we use the following:
Equity planning tools must be used as a team effort. We do not recommend one individual work on any equity toolkit documents alone. The outcome is more equitable when a variety of perspectives are included.
Steps in the equity planning toolkit process
- Conduct a Stakeholder Analysis
- Develop an Inclusive Outreach and Public Engagement Plan (optional)
- Select one of the following that best supports your focus:
- Management Discussions and Decision Making
- Service, Project, or Program Development
- Master or Comprehensive Plan Development
- Policy, Procedure, Director’s Rule, or Code Development