Stop Junk Mail
Stop junk mail to your home or business in a few easy steps.
- Go to: Trusted ID mail preference service website.
- Click "sign up for a free account today."
- Search and choose the catalogs, donation solicitations, and junk mail you want to stop. You can also use the service to stop phone books, too!
Step-By-Step Instructions (pdf) :
- Set Up an Account
- Manage Your Account Profile
- Submit Your Junk Mail Preferences
- Track and Change Your Junk Mail Preferences
- Submit a Complaint for Junk Mail
Translated Instructions (pdf) :
What You Can Do
- Stop mail coming to multiple people in your house, including “Resident.”
- Stop mail at multiple addresses such as your home and work.
- Choose which mail you want to receive and which mail you want to stop, because the system works on a company by company basis.
- TrustedID will help you if companies don't comply with your requests. Most companies want to do the right thing, but some mailers do not cooperate with TrustedID. Sometimes it takes more than one request, but you can track all your choices in your secure account.
Why stop junk mail?
- It saves a lot of trees.
- It can stop up to 100 pounds of junk mail per household each year – most of it never read.
- It can reduce waste – as much as 17,500 tons of paper in Seattle every year.
View the Product Stewardship Institute’s infographic on stopping unwanted junk mail to learn more about the social, environmental, and economic problems associated with junk mail.
How do I stop phone books?
Stop phone book deliveries to your home or business by going directly to the phone book publishers’ opt-out site at www.yellowpagesoptout.com.
TrustedID, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, operates the Junk Mail Opt-Out Registry for the City of Seattle under contract.