Moving - Open/Close Account
If you are moving, you have 3 options to open and/ or close your account:
- Online (no fee)
With this form you can also open/close your Seattle City Light residential account
- SPU Customer Service, (206) 684-3000 (no fee)
- Walk In Service Center (no fee).
Seattle Municipal Tower (formerly Key Tower), 700 5th Avenue, 27th floor in downtown Seattle
New customer requirements (if you are new to Seattle)
New homeowners must call (206) 684-3000 to set up new accounts. This is to protect your identity.
Before you start
Review the online process and gather the required information ahead of time. You will need:
- A water meter reading. Locate and read your water meter
- Residential water/sewer/garbage accounts will be maintained in the owner’s name only
- The name of the buyer if you have sold your property
- The current size of your garbage can. See if it is the size you need
Fill out all required information. We cannot process applications that are not complete. You will be alerted that your application has been successfully submitted. Applications are usually processed within 3 business days.
If you are opening your account you will be selecting utility services that will be billed to you. If you are closing an account you will be billed for services until the account is properly closed with an effective date, meter reading and forwarding address.