- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
North Transfer Station
New North Transfer Station in Wallingford.
The new North Transfer station is now open. The new facility is located at the same location of the former station in the Wallingford neighborhood. The new facility is designed to handle waste more efficiently, safely and provides more opportunities to recycle. Learn more about the new station's amenities.
Station and location
1350 N 34th St, Seattle, WA 98103
8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., 7 days per week.
(206) 684-8400 Transfer Station information line.
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
How to pay
Fees can be paid using cash, check, Visa, or Mastercard. Make checks payable to “City of Seattle, Dept. of Finance” and have valid ID.
Plan your trip to avoid waiting
- The busiest times are Monday mornings, and Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays generally have the least number of customer visits.
- Commercial garbage collection trucks generally use the station from 3-5 p.m. on weekdays.
- Learn how to save yourself a trip.
Hazardous household materials
The North Transfer station does not accept household hazardous waste. The North Household Hazardous waste facility is located at 12550 Stone Ave. N. (one block east of Aurora Ave. N.)
- Hours: Sunday–Tuesday., 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Closed on July 4, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day.
- No appointment needed.
- There is no fee for hazardous waste disposal.