- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
Friends of Recycling and Composting (FORCs) - $100 credit
A FORC educates residents and monitors containers for greater recycling and food waste collection success at your property. View FORC information (pdf).
For your Seattle property to receive a one-time $100 credit on its utility bill:
- Your Seattle property must have five or more units.
- You must sign up a person (manager, facilities staff, or resident) who is on the property at least once a week to be a Friend of Recycling and Composting (pdf).
- The FORC will be sent a green FORC folder that includes a pledge form listing actions for improving food waste collection and recycling on the property. The FORC must complete and sign the pledge form and return it to SPU.
- Allow two billing periods after SPU receives the pledge for the $100 credit to show up on the property’s utility bill.
- See the pledge requirements (pdf).
To sign up a FORC, choose one of the following:
- Sign up online or
- Call (206) 684-7665 to sign up with an SPU customer service representative or
- Call (206) 684-8717, press #2 to request a paper information packet
- After sign up, register for a training (see below)