- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
Recycler Annual Reports
Annual Report Forms
All recycling businesses – collectors and processors – located or operating in the City of Seattle are required annually to provide data on the types and tonnage of materials they have handled during the previous year. This data is used to determine Seattle’s annual recycling rate, which is reported to the City Council every June, and to assist Seattle Public Utilities in improving recycling programs.
Recycling businesses can download the annual report form in Excel format, enter data and return the form to SPU as an e-mail attachment. To download and fill out the form, follow these steps:
- Download the annual report form (xls).
- On the menu bar, click on FILE, then SAVE AS.
- Choose a drive and folder, name the file and click on SAVE. Include your company name and “[year] Recycler Report” in the file name.
- Open the Excel file on your computer and enter data in the appropriate cells.
- When you are finished, click on FILE on the menu bar, then SAVE.
- Create a new e-mail, attach the completed form, and send it to email@example.com.
The completed Annual Recycler Report form must reach SPU by the end of the first quarter of the year.
All recycling businesses in Seattle will receive hard copies of the report form and Recycler License application/renewal form. If your business needs another copy, download the license form (xlsx). Remember that the license form and check for the $100 fee cannot be sent electronically and must be mailed to:
- City of Seattle, Department of Finance and Administrative Services
Attn: Iskra Ivanova
700 5th Avenue Suite 4250
P.O. Box 34214
Seattle, WA 98124-4214
The license is also due by the end of the first quarter of the year.