- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
Event Recycling Tips
For recycling and compostables collection at events follow these easy steps:
1. Provide information about recycling, composting, and food packaging requirements to all food and beverage vendors participating at your event.
- Recycling and composting requirements
- Seattle food packaging requirements
- Approved compostable packaging
2. Determine who will coordinate and implement your recycling efforts to:
- Evaluate event waste stream composition and what appropriate steps to take.
- Design a system for collecting and transporting trash, recyclables, and compostables.
- Give guidance on how to provide recycling and composting education for your staff, vendors, and event participants.
3. Contact service providers for garbage, recycling, and compostables collection services to determine:
- Cost estimates and appropriate services for your event.
- Delivery and use of event bins, containers, or dumpsters for collecting event recyclables, compostables, and garbage.
- Collection services for recyclables, compostables, and garbage to be transported to recycling, composting, and disposal stations.
If you have questions about coordinating services and understanding requirements for event recycling and composting at your event, please contact the Green Your Business program at (206) 343-8505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.