- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
- Help & FAQs
- About Us
Pesticide Product Disposal
Pesticides are hazardous waste. To dispose of them either use up as directed (provided the products are still currently registered) or dispose of at a hazardous waste collection facility. Disposal down the drain or in the trash is illegal in Washington State, despite instructions on most product labels.
- Small businesses may be eligible to dispose of their unused pesticides at the household hazardous waste facilities. Learn about hazardous waste disposal for small businesses before you go, because certain limits apply. Call the Business Waste Line at (206) 263-8899, or view the Small Business Hazardous Waste Disposal Program.
- King County residents can dispose of unused pesticides at the household hazardous waste facilities. See our Household Hazardous Waste section for disposal information. Assistance is also available for Property Managers.