- Environment & Conservation
- Construction & Development
- Businesses & Key Accounts
Community Advisory Committees
Have your say in a deeper way - we are listening!
We’re recruiting diverse community members to serve on our Advisory Committees. Apply now.. or recommend someone to become a member. Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
- Provide your opinion and analysis on departmental issues
- Make sure programs and services are serving all Seattle communities
- Review and help shape SPU’s programs, policies and services
- Learn more about your water, sewer, drainage and solid waste systems
To apply, please fill out the Community Advisory Committee application form (doc).
For additional information about each committee, contact Sheryl Shapiro, Program Manager at (206) 615-1443 or email@example.com, or contact Natasha Walker, Program Coordinator at (206) 386-9746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each committee usually meets once a month in the Seattle Municipal Tower located on 700 Fifth Avenue. Please contact Sheryl Shapiro for the current meeting schedule. Parking passes, refreshments, and staff support are provided to the committee members.
SPU currently has three advisory committees:
- Creeks, Drainage and Wastewater Advisory Committee (CDWAC) Stormwater management, pollution prevention, urban creeks, wastewater systems, other topics.
- Solid Waste Advisory Committee (SWAC) Waste management systems policy: recycling, food/yard waste, collection contracts, transfer stations, garbage systems, waste prevention.
- Water System Advisory Committee (WSAC). Drinking water system, water conservation, supply/demand, Cedar and Tolt Watersheds management, other topics.
Each of the above committees is chartered by SPU and reports to the SPU Director.