Volunteer to Clean Up Graffiti
Want to clean up graffiti in your neighborhood? SPU has two ways you can volunteer:
- Pledge to keep a four-block area graffiti-free on an ongoing basis as a Red Wagon volunteer
- Organize a Community Paint-out event.
Either way, SPU provides paint and loans out the following supplies:
- Paint (white-brown-gray)
- Trash grabber
- Garbage bags
To arrange to pick up supplies, contact Daniel Sims at email@example.com or (206) 684-7790.
Red Wagon Program Volunteers:
- Adopt at least a four-block area to keep free of graffiti and litter. (Clean up graffiti on private property only.)
- Report graffiti on public property to our hotline (206) 684-7587 for city staff removal.
- Remove graffiti at least once a month from private property whose owners have signed a waiver (pdf) granting SPU permission to clean up their graffiti. (Clean up graffiti only on property with signed waivers.)
- Collect waivers from all properties that grant permission, and return the waivers to the SPU address on the form.
- Arrange to borrow Red Wagon supplies by contacting Daniel Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 684-7790.
- After each clean-up, report the number of volunteers, hours worked, and square footage where graffiti was removed. Send the information to Daniel Sims at email@example.com.
If you would like to arrange a graffiti and litter cleanup in your neighborhood, contact Daniel Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 684-7790 for supplies at least 10 business days before your event.