Project submittals are processed electronically using Unifier, an electronic document management system. Contractors receive one or two license(s) and training to send, comment upon, and receive responses to submittals in accordance with section 1-05.3 of the project manual.
Frequently used submittal forms:
- Submittal Control Document (xls) (sample format) listing all submittals and when the submittals shall be delivered to the engineer in accordance with section 1-05.3(4) of the standard specifications
- Subcontractor Approval Application (xlsm) which requires approval prior to the subcontractor working on the project in accordance with section 1-08.1(3) of the standard specifications
- Request for Approval of Material Sources (xls) to obtain approval for materials to be used on the project
Submittal resources for contractors:
- Unifier Training Guide (pdf) - Contractor version providing an overview of processing submittals using Unifier
- Naming Convention (pdf) - Use the naming convention provided when entering record description and naming your files.
- Tips to Avoid Getting Locked Out Of Unifier (pdf)
- Training on how to use Unifier - Email requests to SPU_CMD_SystemAdministrator@seattle.gov
- Submittals lead for specific submittal related questions - Email requests to SPUCMDSubmittal@Seattle.gov
Frequently Used Forms:
- Prevailing Wage Certification (docx) certifies prevailing wage have been paid by the Contractor for 2011 Spec contracts. The Contractor submits this form with every progress payment.
- Prevailing Wage Certification and Subcontractor List (docx) - This form is required for payment on 2014 contracts. For the Final Certification, the contractor must check the final box and use amounts to day for the prompt pay subcontractors. The Prevailing Wage Certification and Subcontractor List can be used on both the 2014 and 2011 Spec contracts.
- Project Labor List (xls) - Contractor required to submit for the themselves and their subcontractors before the company commences force account work