||City of Seattle
Ed Murray, Mayor
|SUBJECT: Meetings set to discuss future of Seattle's parks
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
5/7/2013 3:30:00 PM
|FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Kathy Nyland, Councilmember Bagshaw's Office, 206-684-8801
Dana Robinson Slote (206) 615-0061
Councilmember Sally Bagshaw
Meetings set to discuss future of Seattle's parks
Councilmember Sally Bagshaw encourages public participation
SEATTLE - Seattle Parks and Recreation announced public meetings to help plan the future of Seattle's parks, community centers and other facilities. Feedback from these discussions could potentially shape a ballot measure presented to Seattle voters in 2014. Councilmember Sally Bagshaw encourages Seattleites who use parks facilities to comment at one of the six public conversations hosted by Seattle Parks and Recreation:
- Tuesday, May 7 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.: General Meeting - Seattle Parks and Recreation Administration Building (100 Dexter Ave. N)
- Wednesday, May 8 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.: Sports, Recreation and Aquatics -- Green Lake Community Center (7201 E Green Lake Dr. N)
- Monday, May 13 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Seniors, Teens including LBGT, Community Centers and Associated Recreation Council (ARC) - Northgate Community Center (10510 5th Ave. NE)
- Thursday, May 16 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.: Environmental Programs, Open Space and Maintenance -- Jefferson Community Center (3801 Beacon Ave. S)
- Tuesday, May 21 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.: General Meeting - Dakota Place Park Building (4304 SW Dakota St.)
- Wednesday, May 22 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.: Immigrant and Refugee Communities -- South Shore K-8 School (4800 S Henderson St.)
While some of the meetings focus on certain Parks functions, comments on any Parks activity or function are welcome at all of the meetings.
The draft plan is available online at http://www.seattle.gov/parks/legacy/.
People who cannot make it to a meeting and who want to comment on the draft plan can send an email to email@example.com.
For interpretation services or special accommodations at the meetings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Susanne Rockwell at 206-733-9702.