Small and Simple Projects Fund
Congratulations to the February awarded projects! Please follow the link to the list of awarded Small and Simple Projects: Small and Simple Awarded Projects October
The Small and Simple Projects Fund provides awards up to $25,000 to support community members in building community relationships around a project. Small and Simple Projects Fund activities may be physical projects as well as less tangible but equally significant educational, cultural, and relationship-strengthening activities. All projects must demonstrate its capacity to build a stronger and healthier community, and must:
- Provide a public benefit and be free and open to all members of the public.
- Emphasize self-help, with project ideas initiated, planned and implemented by the neighbors and community members who will themselves be impacted by the project.
- Demonstrate community match.
- Occur within the Seattle city limits.
Who Should Apply
The Small and Simple Projects Fund is open to:
- Neighborhood-based groups, community-based organizations, ad-hoc groups and business groups (such as chambers of commerce) who want to do a project to build stronger connections in their neighborhood.
- Community groups that do not have a geographic base, such as a racial or ethnic group, GLBT groups, a disability community, etc.
Small and Simple Fund Workshops
- Tuesday, August 12, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Youngstown Cultural Arts Center, 4408 Delridge Way SW, 98107
- Tuesday, September 9, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Miller Community Center, 330 19th Avenue E, 98112
- Tuesday, September 16, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Northgate Community Center, 10510 5th Ave NE, 98125
RSVP to a Workshop
To request childcare or interpretation services, contact us at least 3 days prior to your preferred workshop.
Please RSVP by going to http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NMFWorkshop
- Email NMFund@seattle.gov
- Or call 206-733-9916
How to Apply
Before applying, carefully review the guidelines.
You can now apply for the Small and Simple Projects Fund online. Click here to get started.
When to Apply
Applications must be received by the Department of Neighborhoods office by:
- October 6, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
Application can not be submitted after 5:00 p.m.
Applicants are notified of award decision within eight weeks of application deadline.
For more information about the Small and Simple Projects Fund, contact a Neighborhood Matching Fund project manager.