If you’re experiencing difficulties with the Seattle Services Portal, please read our Frequently Asked Questions. If you need technical assistance, please contact SeattleServices_ITHelp@seattle.gov. For other assistance, please see our list of support contacts.
 Log in to Seattle Services Portal SDCI

Zoning Verification Letters

See also: 

What Is It?

If you are purchasing or refinancing property, your lender may require a "rebuild" letter identifying the zoning and use of the property. We can provide you a letter documenting the following:

  • The current zoning of a property
  • Any code violations for the property
  • The current legally established use of the property
  • Whether the legally established use conforms to current code
  • Whether the structure(s) on the property can be rebuilt

How Much Does It Cost?

Our fee for writing a rebuild letter is the Seattle DCI Base Fee listed in the Fee Subtitle.

How Long Does It Take?

We can usually write a rebuild letter in approximately two weeks.

Steps To Get

1. Fill out a Request for Miscellaneous Seattle DCI Services form and send it to PRC@seattle.gov, along with the following information:

  • The address and assessor parcel number (APN) or legal description of the property, which you can find it on the King County Assessor’s site
  • Your contact information (name, phone, address, and email)
  • To whom the letter should be addressed

2. We will create a tracking number and notify you when you need to pay your fee. You can pay fees:

  • Online. Use your Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card on our online fee payment page. Use your project number, such as: #30XXXXX.
  • By mail. Include the Seattle DCI project number and a check payable to the City of Seattle and send to:

City of Seattle
Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections
PO Box 34234
Seattle, WA, 98124-1238

  • In person. Come to the cashier’s station on the 20th floor of the Seattle Municipal Tower at the Applicant Services Center.
  • By phone. Call (206) 386-9780 to pay with a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card. You will need to provide the cashier with the project number.

What Do You Want To Do?

Still Need Help?

 Ask Us

  • Call us at (206) 684-8467 (message line only)