If you have questions about the Seattle Services Portal, please search our Help Center and read our information article. If you still need help, please see our list of customer service contacts. Thank you for your patience as we transition to the new system.
 Log in to Seattle Services Portal SDCI

Site Index

See also: 




Abandon Building

Abandoned Cars / Abandoned Vehicles

Abatement - Noise

About Us

Accessory Dwelling Unit

Active Director's Rules by Code

Active Director's Rules by Year

Animal Codes

Applicant Service Center

Apply for a Permit

Apply for a Self-Issued Electrical Permit

Apply for a Side Sewer Repair Permit

Attend a Meeting


Backyard Cottage

Barnyard Animals

Bed Bugs

Bee Keeping

Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code

Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspection

Boiler Licensing Registration

Build a Deck

Building & House Maintenance Code

Building - Abandoned

Building - Dangerous

Building or Property Complaint

Building Code

Building Permit - New: Family (3+), Commercial, Mixed Use, or Industrial

Building Permit - New: Single-Family Residential or Duplex

Building Plans

Building Use (Changing or Making Legal)

Buildings - Unreinforced Masonry

Buildings Unfit for Human Habitation


Bus Layover Facilities

Business - Illegal

Businesses - New


Can My Landlord Raise My Rent?

Can the City Regulate How I Use My Property?

Car & Vehicle Storage

Cars - Abandon


Changes to Code - Bus Layover Facilities

Changes to Code - Code Corrections

Changes to Code - Cross-Laminated Timber

Changes to Code - Curb Ramps

Changes to Code - Design Review Program Improvements

Changes to Code - Environmentally Critical Areas Update

Changes to Code - Neighborhood Parking

Changes to Code - RRIO & Housing Code Updates

Changes to Code - Unreinforced Masonry Buildings

Changes to Code - Vacant Buildings

Changes to Your Issued Permit

Changing Property or Building Use

Check Complaint Status

Check Permit Status


City Regulation of Property Use



Code - Boiler & Pressure Vessel

Code - Building

Code - Buildings Unfit for Human Habitation

Code - Condominium Conversions

Code - Cooperative Conversion

Code - Electrical

Code - Elevator

Code - Energy

Code - Environmentally Critical Areas

Code - Existing Building

Code - Fees

Code - Fire

Code - Floodplain Development

Code - Fuel Gas

Code - Grading

Code - Housing & Building Maintenance

Code - Just Cause Eviction

Code - Land Use

Code - Marijuana

Code - Mechanical

Code - Mobile Home & Parks

Code - Noise

Code - Plumbing 

Code - Prohibited Acts

Code - Refrigeration

Code - Rental Agreement Regulation

Code - Rental Registration & Inspection Ordinance

Code - Residential

Code - Seattle Green Factor

Code - Shoreline Master Program

Code - Side Sewer

Code - Sign

Code - Small Efficiency Dwelling Units

Code - State Environmental Policy Act

Code - Stormwater

Code - Street Use

Code - Tenant Relocation Assistance

Code - Tree Protection

Code - Vacant Building Standards

Code - Weed & Vegetation Code

Code - Zoning

Code Corrections

Code Requirement Exemptions

Codes & Rules

Codes & Rules Vault

Codes We Enforce (A-Z)

Comment on a Project

Common Code Questions

Common Projects

Complaint - Make a

Conditional Use - Land Use Application

Condominium Conversions

Construction Code Advisory Board

Construction Code Interpretations

Construction Noise

Construction Permit - Addition or Alternation

Construction Permit - Establishing Use

Construction Permit - New Building, Multi-Family (3+ units), Commercial, Mixed-Use, or Industrial

Construction Permit - New Building, Single-Family Residents or Duplex

Construction Permit - Subject-to-Field-Inspection

Construction Permit -Temporary Structure & Uses

Construction Without a Permit

Contact Seattle DCI Managers

Contact Us

Cooperative Conversion

Critical Area - Environmentally

Cross-Laminated Timber

Customer Service Numbers


Dangerous Building


Deconstruction - Residential

Demolition - Building

Design Guidelines

Design Review

Design Review Program Improvements

Design Review - Administrative

Design Review - Full

Design Review - Streamlined

Design Review Board

Detached Accessory Dwelling Unit

Director & Manager Numbers

Director's Message

Director's Rules

Do You Need a permit?




ECA Steep Slope Development Relief

Electrical Code

Elevator Code

Emergency Management

Emergency Repair Permit

Energy Code

Engineering Wind Map

Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) Code - State

Environmental Sign Installation Notification

Environmentally Critical Areas (ECA)

Environmentally Critical Areas (ECA) Exemptions

Environmentally Critical Areas Update



Exceptions - Street Improvement

Exemptions - Shoreline

Exemptions - Small Projects Waiver

Exemptions From Code Requirements

Extensions - Grading Season



Feedback - Website



Field Inspection Permit

File A Complaint

Files & Maps - Geographic

Find Staff Phone Numbers

Find Your Zoning

Fire Alarm Permit

Fire Code

Floating Residences

Floodplain Development Code



Fuel Gas Code




Gas Pipe Licensing Registration

Geographic Files & Maps

GIS - Seattle DCI


Grading Code

Grading Permit

Grading Season Extensions

Green Building Permit Incentives

Green Factor - Seattle

Green Priority Expedited Permit

Green Priority Facilitated Permit


Home Business Rules

Home Occupation Rules

Home Retrofit Permit

Homes & Parks - Mobile Codes

House Additions

House Remodels


Housing & Building Maintenance

Housing Inspection - Rental

How Do You Get a Permit?

How Many Cars Can I Park?

How Many Chickens Can I Have?

How Much Will My Permit Cost?

How We Respond


Illegal Businesses

Illegal Dwelling Unit

Illegal Food Cart

Illegal Living Unit

Illegal Mother-in-Law Unit

Incentives - Green Building

Information - Fee

Information for Tenants & Landlords

Innovation Advisory

Inoperable Cars

Inoperable Vehicles

Inspection - Boiler & Pressure Vessel

Inspection - Construction

Inspection - Electrical

Inspection - Elevator & Escalator

Inspection - Furnace

Inspection - Mechanical

Inspection - Noise

Inspection - Rental Housing

Inspection - Schedule

Inspection - Side Sewer

Inspection - Sign

Inspection - Site Development

Inspection - Special

Inspections Your Permit Requires

Interpretations - Construction Code


Junk Cars and Vehicles

Junk Storage & Garbage

Just Cause Ordinance



Land Use / Master Use Permit - Conditional Use

Land Use / Master Use Permit - Environmentally Critical Areas (ECA)

Land Use / Master Use Permit - Overview of MUP

Land Use / Master Use Permit - Plat

Land Use / Master Use Permit - Rezone

Land Use / Master Use Permit - Shoreline

Land Use / Maser Use Permit - State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA)

Land Use / Master Use Permit - Variance

Land Use Code

Land Use Information Bulletin

Landlord - Tenant

Letters - Zoning Verification

Licensing & Registration

Licensing - Refrigeration

Licensing - Renew Online

Licensing - Steam Engineer & Boiler Fireman

Licensing Registration - Boiler

Licensing Registration - Gas Pipe

Licensing Registration - Refrigeration

Licensing Registration - Rental Registration & Inspection Ordinance

Line Changes - Property


Make a Complaint

Map - Wind

Maps & Files - Geographic

Maps - Zoning

Marijuana Code

Masonry Building - Unreinforced

Master Use / Land Use Permit - Conditional Use

Master Use / Land Use Permit - Environmentally Critical Areas (ECA)

Master Use / Land Use Permit - Overview of MUP

Master Use / Land Use Permit - Plat

Master Use / Land Use Permit - Rezone

Master Use / Land Use Permit - Shoreline

Master Use / Land Use Permit - State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA)

Master Use / Land Use Permit - Variance

Mechanical Code

Mechanical Permit


Message From the Director



Microfilm Library

Mobile Homes & Parks

Monthly / Yearly Issuance Reports (2003 - Present)

Mother-in-Law Units

MUP Drawings

MUP Renewal

MUP Revisions


Neighborhood Parking

Neighborhood, What's Happening

New Building

New Businesses


Noise - Construction

Noise Abatement

Noise Code

Noise Enforcement

Noise Variance Exceptions


Occupation - Home



Parcel Data

Parking & Car Storage Rules

Parking - Location, Size & Number of Spots

Parking, Neighborhood

Parking Updates


Pay Permit Fees Online

Permit & Property Records Search

Permit - Apply

Permit - Boiler & Pressure Vessel

Permit - Changes to Your Issued

Permit - Construction - Addition or Alternation

Permit - Construction - Establishing Use

Permit - Construction - New Building, Multi-Family (3+ units), Commercial, Mixed-Use, or Industrial

Permit - Construction- New Building, Single-Family Residents or Duplex

Permit - Construction - Subject-to-Field-Inspection

Permit - Construction - Temporary Structure & Uses

Permit - Construction Without a

Permit - Curb Cut

Permit - Demolition - Building

Permit - Design Review - Administrative

Permit - Design Review - Full

Permit - Design Review - Streamlined

Permit - Electrical

Permit - Elevator & Escalator

Permit - Emergency Repair

Permit - Fire Alarm

Permit - Grading

Permit - Green Expedited Priority

Permit - Green Facilitated Priority

Permit - Green Incentives

Permit - Home Retrofit

Permit - Land Use / Master Use - Constitutional Use

Permit - Land Use / Master Use - Environmentally Critical Areas (ECA)

Permit - Land Use / Master Use - Overview of MUP

Permit - Land Use / Master Use - Plat

Permit - Land Use / Master Use - Rezone

Permit - Land Use / Master Use - Shoreline

Permit - Land Use / Master Use - State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA)

Permit - Land Use/ Master Use - Variance

Permit - Mechanical

Permit - Phased

Permit - Refrigeration

Permit - Re-Roof

Permit - Residential Deconstruction

Permit - Side Sewer

Permit - Sign, Awning & Billboard

Permit - Tenant Improvement Permit (Blanket)

Permit - Tree & Vegetation Removal

Permit Cost

Permit Fee Estimator

Permit Forms

Permit Requires - Inspection

Permit Status - Check

Permit Types (A-Z)


Phone Numbers - Director & Managers


Pike / Pine Conservation Overlay District

Pipe - Gas Licensing

Plumbing Code

Population & Households

Pressure Vessel & Boiler Code

Pressure Vessel & Boiler Inspection

Pressure Vessel & Boiler Permit

Privately Owned Public Spaces

Problems With Your Rental

Prohibited Acts

Project - Comment

Projects - Common

Property & Building Use (Changing or Making Legal) Permit

Property Complaint

Property Line Changes

Property Use Regulation

Public Disclosure

Public Disclosure Request Center

Public Resource Center


Question & Answer Service - Land Use

Question & Answer Service - Permitting

Question & Answer Service - RRIO


Ramps, Curb

Refrigeration Code

Refrigeration Licensing Registration

Refrigeration Permit

Re-Roof Permit

Registered Billboards

Regulation of Property Use

Relocation Assistance - Tenant


Removal - Bush / Tree

Renew Trade Licenses Online

Rental Agreement Regulation

Rental Housing Inspection

Rental Registration & Inspection Ordinance

Renting in Seattle

Repair Permit for Emergencies

Request an Inspection

Research My Property

Residential Code

Residential Deconstruction

Retaining Walls & Rockeries




Schedule an Inspection

Seattle Green Factor

Seattle Registered Billboards

Seattle Residential Code

Send Us Your Building Permit Question

Send Us Your Land Use Question


Shoreline - Exemptions

Shoreline Code

Shrub Removal

Side Sewer Cards & Maps

Side Sewer Repair Permit

Sign, Awning, Billboard Permit

Sign Code

Sign Installation Notification - Environmental

Small Efficiency Dwelling Units

Small Project Wavier

Special Events

Sprinkler Shop Drawings

SPU GIS Map Counter Services

Staff Directory

State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) Code

Steam Engineer & Boiler Firemen Licensing

Stormwater Code

Street Food Carts or Trucks Permit

Street Use Code

Subject-to-Field-Inspection Permit


Temporary Construction Permit

Temporary Structure

Tenant Improvement

Tenant Relocation Assistance



Tools & Resources

Trade Licenses


Tree Removal


Unfit for Human Habitation - Buildings

Unreinforced Masonry Buildings

Unsafe Building


Vacant Buildings

Vacant Buildings Code Update

Vacant Building Standards

Variances - Noise

Vault - Codes & Rules


Vegetation & Weed Code

Vegetation Overgrowth

Vegetation Removal

Vehicle & Junk Car Rules

Vehicles & Cars - Abandon

Verification Letters - Zoning

View Estimated Wait Times for Service

Visit Us


Water Use

Waver - Small Project

Website Feedback Form

Weed & Vegetation Code

Weed Overgrowth

What Should I Do if I’m Cited?

What's Happening in Your Neighborhood?

Who We Are

Why Can the City Regulate How I Use My Property

Wind Map




Zoning - Find Your

Zoning Charts

Zoning Map Books

Zoning Verification Letters