Priority Green Facilitated
What Is It?
Priority Green Facilitated is a streamlined permitting process for master use permits that include design review. Priority Green Facilitated gives you:
- Reduced and predictable permit timelines that are established prior to your early design guidance application
- Priority processing for faster intake appointments, routing, and issuance
- Focus on inter-departmental and integrated review to address citywide code challenges
- A single point of contact
Priority Green Facilitated projects require a signed agreement with us before your permit application is submitted. You must use a collaborative design and development approach, also known as an integrated design process.
Your project must meet one of the following sets of criteria.
Priority Green Building Matrix
Achieve at least 10 points on the Priority Green Facilitated Building Matrix.
Living Building Pilot
- Achieve Living Building Challenge full certification, or
- Achieve Petal Recognition, including:
- Achieve at least 3 of the 7 petals (site, water, energy, health, materials, equity, beauty) including at least one of the following petals: energy, water, or materials and all of the following:
- Reduce total energy use by 25 percent, or more of the energy consumed by a standard reference design building as compared to the Seattle Energy Code in effect when you submit your building permit
- Reduce total building water use by 75 percent, not including harvested rainwater, as compared to baselines estimated by Seattle Public Utilities or other baseline approved by the DPD director
- Capture and use at least 50 percent of stormwater on site
Seattle 2030 District
Achieve Architecture 2030 Challenge for Planning performance targets for new construction:
- Energy use: An immediate 70 percent reduction below the national average, with incremental targets, reaching carbon neutral by 2030
- Water use: An immediate 50 percent reduction below the current district average
- CO2 of auto and freight: An immediate 50 percent reduction below the current district average
LEED Platinum or Built Green 5 star
Achieve Architecture 2030 Challenge for Planning performance targets for new construction.
How Much Does It Cost?
Our review fee is $250 per hour which is the same for master use permits; however, facilitation of these projects will result in additional hours as compared to typical reviews.
How Long Does It Take?
Priority Green Facilitated speeds up your master use permit process by up to 25 percent, or by 60 days based on a 240-day timeline.
Steps to Get Your Permit
We can assist your project team in evaluating which strategies work best for your project. Please contact us at email@example.com.
See the master use permit page for step-by-step directions for your application.