Working for a safe, affordable, vibrant, innovative, and interconnected city.
Learn More Home Page This Department
Link to Seattle Department of Planning and Development home page

Mobile Homes & Parks Code

See also: 

What Is It?

We regulate the location, development, and closure of mobile home parks. We also require that mobile home parks be licensed.

To close a park, the mobile home park property owner must submit a plan to us; see Seattle Municipal Code (SMC) 22.904.420. Once we approve the plan, the owner must give the park’s tenants 12 months' notice that they will have to move. See Chapter 59.21.030 of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) for specific notice requirements.

What It Isn't

The state of Washington requires that mobile home park property owners pay relocation assistance to tenants who have to move because of a park’s closure. (See RCW Chapter 59.21.021.)

Read the Code

Proposed Changes


What Do You Want To Do?

Still Need Help?

 Ask Us

  • Call us at (206) 615-0808
  • Visit Code Compliance
    700 Fifth Ave., 19th floor
    M,Tu,Th, F: 8:00 a.m - 4:30 p.m
    W: 10:00 - 4:30 p.m.