23rd Avenue Action Plan
A project for the City and community to work together to create a 23rd Avenue Action Plan for E. Union, E. Cherry and S. Jackson.
What's Happening Now?.
We have moved into the 23rd Avenue Action Plan project's implementation phase with strong support from the 23rd Ave Advisory Core Team (ACT), neighborhood action teams, and other community members. Highlights of this phase include the following:
The purpose of this project is to establish a city-community collaboration that creates a shared vision and action plan to improve the health and equity of three Central Area community cores: 23rd Avenue and E. Union Street, 23rd Avenue and E. Cherry Street and 23rd Avenue and S. Jackson Street.
Our project will focus on these community cores to:
- Strengthen the community’s resilience so that its rich cultural heritage and diversity flourishes
- Build community, businesses, and organization’s capacity to take actions to achieve the shared vision
- Create livable, healthy and supportive places that provide equitable access to resources and opportunities for everyone
- Leverage public and private investments to create tangible, positive change that meets the needs of existing and new communities
The End Result
- An action plan of key priorities shared by the community and the city as a result of the planning process
- Strong partnerships among the community, private and public entities to move forward projects in the action plan