23rd Avenue Action Plan
A project for the City and community to work together to create a 23rd Avenue Action Plan for E. Union, E. Cherry and S. Jackson.
What's Happening Now?
The 23rd Avenue Action Plan project has moved into its implementation phase, with involvement by the Advisory Core Team (ACT), action teams, and other community members. Highlights of this phase include the following:
- We released the final draft of the 23rd Avenue Action Plan (Union-Cherry-Jackson).
- The project team has started to work on the Urban Design Framework and rezoning proposal. We are engaging property owners, business owners, and other community stakeholders in this process.
- We will hold a final open house this summer to seek community feedback and approval of the Action Plan, Urban Design Framework, and rezoning proposals. We will also showcase the great work done by the ACT and action teams throughout this planning process.
The purpose of this project is to establish a city-community collaboration that creates a shared vision and action plan to improve the health and equity of three Central Area community cores: 23rd Avenue and E. Union Street, 23rd Avenue and E. Cherry Street and 23rd Avenue and S. Jackson Street.
Our project will focus on these community cores to:
- Strengthen the community’s resilience so that its rich cultural heritage and diversity flourishes
- Build community, businesses, and organization’s capacity to take actions to achieve the shared vision
- Create livable, healthy and supportive places that provide equitable access to resources and opportunities for everyone
- Leverage public and private investments to create tangible, positive change that meets the needs of existing and new communities
The End Result
- An action plan of key priorities shared by the community and the city as a result of the planning process
- Strong partnerships among the community, private and public entities to move forward projects in the action plan