Applicant Services Center
What Is It?
Our Applicant Services Center (ASC) is the hub of our permitting services. In the ASC you can:
We serve walk-ins on a first-come, first-served basis for each service. Before visiting the ASC, check our estimated wait times for an idea of when we can help you. If wait times are long you may not be seen.
Location and Hours
The ASC is located on the 20th floor of the Seattle Municipal Tower, 700 5th Avenue, in downtown Seattle.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday: 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Other Agency Permits & Approvals
For some projects, you will need to coordinate with other City and County agencies to get additional permits and approvals. Common agencies you may need to work with are:
- City Light – to install temporary power connections or permanent electrical service (which may include a vault requirement)
- Department of Neighborhoods – for work in historical districts or historical buildings, and if you are demolishing a building that is 50 years old or older
- Licensing – to open a new business in Seattle or to conduct business in Seattle (even if your office is not within the city)
- Seattle & King County Public Health Food Protection Program – for handling food in your restaurant, food cart, or café
- Seattle & King County Public Health Plumbing – to install interior plumbing systems for your kitchen, bathroom, or utility room
- Seattle Department of Fire – for special events, sprinklers, fire alarms, and emergency access to some types of properties
- Seattle Department of Transportation – for curb cuts and driveways, planting in the right-of-way, or paving streets and alleys
- Seattle Parks and Recreation – if you are building a development that abuts a public park, or if you are putting in an access across a park or boulevard
- Seattle Public Utilities – to confirm you have an adequate water supply, adding drainage and waste water connections, or putting in access to new garbage containers