Center City Seattle
Events & Activities
Past Center City Seattle events:
NOTE: Materials are presented in Adobe Acrobat PDF format (download free Acrobat Reader). Some presentation files are large and may take extra time to download.
- "Innovative Parking Solutions" - August 21, 2006
A presentation on meeting future parking demands, featuring Tom Litman, founder and director of the Victoria Transport Policy Institute. At Bertha Landes Room, City Hall. See the invitation.
- "An Evening with Jaime Lerner "- April 10, 2006
A presentation on sustainable growth from a truly global perspective, featuring Jaime Lerner, former Mayor of Curitiba and Governor of Parana State, Brazil. See the March 14, 2006 news story or download the invitation.
- "Culture, Commerce and Community: Creative Forces for a Vibrant Center City," with Carol Coletta - October 3, 2005
A discussion on the value of Seattle’s rich, lively cultural center, and linking our cultural life to business and community life to create a vibrant city. See invitation flyer.
- Shaping Downtown - Council Hearing
Council hearing to gather community feedback on the Downtown Zoning Changes.
- Building Healthy Places - April 26, 2005
A lecture featuring Dr. Richard Jackson, MD, MPH on the critically important links between environmental health and the built environment at Seattle City Hall, Bertha Landes Room.
- Open House & Presentation - Jan. 13, 2005
An open house and presentation on proposed changes to downtown zoning.
- "Neighborhoods of Tomorow," a Center City Seattle Open House and Presentation - Nov. 15, 2004
Urban designer, David Dixon, discussed new opportunities in the 21st century for shaping growth and building great urban neighborhoods at an open house and presentation on Monday, Nov. 15. View the event flyer, agenda/Dixon bio, Dixon presentation (15.3MB), maps, and display boards.
- "Future & Main," a Center City Seattle Open House -Sept. 20, 2004
Nationally respected urban studies scholar Bruce Katz of the Brookings Institution joined Mayor Nickels on Monday, Sept. 20 at an open house to speak about metropolitan competitiveness and the critical role the urban center plays in developing thriving, competitive regions. View the event flyer and agenda/Katz bio.
- Vital Urban Centers - Sept. 14, 2004
The Urban Land Institute (ULI) hosted William Hudnut, former mayor of Indianapolis, on Sept. 14.
- "Center City: What We Want to Be: Thinking Bold about the Future" - Nov. 10, 2003
A lecture on the community values and public vision that have driven transportation and land use success in Vancouver, BC. See invitation flyer.
Last Updated: June 18, 2008