|Search Collections||Exhibits and Education||Seattle Facts||About the Archives|
Primary Source Analysis Worksheet - Photographs
Use one of these photographs for this exercise, or another of your choosing.
Study the photograph for two minutes. First, look at the overall image; second, divide the photo into four sections and study each section to see if you notice new details.
1. What do you see in the photograph?
2. Based on what you see, list three things you might infer from this photo.
3. What is the date of the photo?
4. If you didn't know the date, what clues in the photo could help you guess when it was taken?
5. Why do you think the photographer took this photo?
6. What questions does the photo raise in your mind?
Adapted from the National Archives